- Grab a textbook
- Read "the last battle"
- Create a Venn Diagram: (DUE TODAY)
- Compare and contrast Beowulf & a fictional hero
- Have at least 5 points on each side and then 3 commonalities
*DO NOT do the same fictional hero as your friend. It will not count.
- Read "Death and mourning"
- Watch the following video:
Click here for the text
After reading "Grendel's Mother" & "Battle with Grendel's Mother" answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1. ANALYZE: Why does Grendel’s Mother take Hrothgar’s best friend?
2. IDENTIFY: What has been taken from her?
3. EVALUATE: What sort of place is the underwater lair of Grendel’s Mother?
4. INTERPRET: Why does the author use such imagery to describe the setting for “Grendel’s Mother”.
Then identify with explanation the following terms with cited evidence from the text:
1. Read Beowulf : Grendel, Beowulf, & Battle with Grendel
2. Complete the following assignment:
In case you missed class, 8/28, here's the notes you need.
Norse Mythology Notes
Complete the following terms by next week 9/26:
College Essay QR Code worksheet:
Collect the worksheet from Ms. Montoya
Bring in 3 college essay prompts
DO NOT respond to the prompt. Just bring in the question :)
Finish your summer homework