get your college essay out!
After reading my brief feedback, continue the following.
Annotate your essay proving these elements are included within the essay.
Annotate w/ brief detail and turn into class folder
**IF THEY ARENT IN THE ESSAY - add them!!!
No assignment turned in by end of block = zero.
Upload to class notebook
Grab Textbook (pg. 426):
This is an individual assignment - your answers will be graded for accuracy.
Complete #s 1-4
Grab Close Reader (p.87)
On the same sheet of paper, still individual, complete the following questions.
1. How does the poet show that the dragon is similar to Beowulf? What are those similarities? Support your answer with textual evidence.
2. Explain the irony seen on page 90; if using the pdf, see me for help.
"Death of Beowulf"
3. How does Beowulf summarize his 50 year reign? What ideals are reflected in his speech? Support your answer with explicit textual evidence.
4. In what way the Geats actions reflect Beowulf's wshes . How do they reflect the values of society?
Due on Monday 9/16
1) Select 3 themes from Beowulf
*Find text evidence to support and analyze the theme with insightful thoughts with at least 7 sentences each.
2) Select 3 allusions
* Cite the text and analyze their importance to developing the story and helping its meaning. Responses should be about 5-7 sentences.
3) SELECT ONE OF THE TWO:
Click here for a link to the text
After reading "Grendel's mom" & "Battle with Grendel's Mom", complete the following questions in complete sentences.
Then find examples of the following literary devices:
1. Read Beowulf : Grendel, Beowulf, & Battle with Grendel
2. Complete the following assignment:
In case you missed class , 8/28:
Norse Mythology Notes
Define the terms - due Monday, 9/26
College essay Prompts:
Bring in 3 college essay prompts - DO NOT ANSWER THEM.
college essay qr code worksheet:
See Ms. Montoya for this handout.