- Define all the vocabulary words
- In the prologue, what does the pardoner say is his exclusive purpose?
- Who is the mother the old man calls and what is this "gate"?
- What is ironic about the rioter's view on death?
- In what ways does religion connect the rioters to the pardoner who tells the tale?
- Explain how each rioter meets his death, and the irony of their deaths.
- Summarize the Pardoner's final sales pitch.
Find the text here
Pronunciation quiz make ups
Final attempt by Friday of next week. Schedule a time with me.
CT of SPHS
Assigned 10/8 ; Due 10/10
FIRST OF ALL - DON'T FORGET!
PRONUNCIATION QUIz - 10/10
You will be assigned a character from the CT Prologue:
Thursday, 9/26, we began posters (7 groups/sections)
Here is the link where the entire set of sections can be found together, from Old English to Middle English:
On Friday, 10/4, there will be an open note quiz on this link. You may use your notes from the poster or take notes from the above link.
LAST TIME! Click here for the notebook
Using the lessons we've done in the past, finalize the perfect (or close to it) college essay! Your grade will be based on the following:
7th pd. - Canterbury Tales!
get your college essay out!
After reading my brief feedback, continue the following.
Annotate your essay proving these elements are included within the essay.
Annotate w/ brief detail and turn into class folder
**IF THEY ARENT IN THE ESSAY - add them!!!
No assignment turned in by end of block = zero.
Upload to class notebook
Grab Textbook (pg. 426):
This is an individual assignment - your answers will be graded for accuracy.
Complete #s 1-4
Grab Close Reader (p.87)
On the same sheet of paper, still individual, complete the following questions.
1. How does the poet show that the dragon is similar to Beowulf? What are those similarities? Support your answer with textual evidence.
2. Explain the irony seen on page 90; if using the pdf, see me for help.
"Death of Beowulf"
3. How does Beowulf summarize his 50 year reign? What ideals are reflected in his speech? Support your answer with explicit textual evidence.
4. In what way the Geats actions reflect Beowulf's wshes . How do they reflect the values of society?
Due on Monday 9/16
1) Select 3 themes from Beowulf
*Find text evidence to support and analyze the theme with insightful thoughts with at least 7 sentences each.
2) Select 3 allusions
* Cite the text and analyze their importance to developing the story and helping its meaning. Responses should be about 5-7 sentences.
3) SELECT ONE OF THE TWO:
Click here for a link to the text
After reading "Grendel's mom" & "Battle with Grendel's Mom", complete the following questions in complete sentences.
Then find examples of the following literary devices: