Click here for a PDF of the text if you'd rather use this.
- Turn textbook to page 426 for first four questions on analyzing the text. Answer in complete sentences.
These questions are based on the text in the close reader.
- On the same sheet of paper, still individual, complete the following questions.
1. How does the poet show that the dragon is similar to Beowulf? What are those similarities? Support your answer with textual evidence.
2. Explain the irony seen on page 90; if using the pdf, see me for help.
"Death of Beowulf"
3. How does Beowulf summarize his 50 year reign? What ideals are reflected in his speech? Support your answer with explicit textual evidence.
4. In what way the Geats actions reflect Beowulf's wshes . How do they reflect the values of society?