- The last guy who slept in George’s bunk just up and “quit, the way a guy will.” What does this show us about the lifestyle of the ranch men?
- Describe Curley, what is his “Complex” according to the Swamper’s description?
- How is Slim portrayed? How is he different from the other guys?Use text evidence to describe.
- How is Slim’s opinion of George and Lennie’s friendship different from Curley’s opinion?
- Why do you suppose Curley married his wife? Seeing how she’s represented, elaborate on the irony.
- Which character names from this section have symbolic importance?
- Steinbeck uses Light & Dark for symbolism. Cite 3 text examples & explain.
1. Watch the video that goes along with the book you read yesterday.
2. Take notes on the video: